Adult Day Program Information
Established in 1999, the Isabella County Adult Day Program (ADP) provides respite care for seniors and cognitively impaired adults needing assistance or supervision. ADP provides a home-like setting where participants feel comfortable and secure, while enjoying activities designed to enhance memory and self-worth. ADP’s experienced, trained, and caring staff ensures each participant’s safety while being sensitive their unique needs and interests. The program allows the person dignity, respect, and a sense of accomplishment, while giving them the socialization that they may need. Participant’s primary caregivers also benefit from the chance to enjoy leisurely activities, attend appointments, or to take a much-needed break.
- Open Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The program serves residents of Isabella County and the central Michigan region.
- The Adult Day Program is housed at Isabella County Medical Care Facility with direct access to McLaren Central Michigan.
- Transportation is available through the Isabella County Transportation Commission (ICTC), family members and friends, or program vehicles.
- Participants receive a hot lunch and two snacks daily. · ADP is a member of the Michigan Adult Day Services Association.
- Free half-day trials are available.
Grant scholarships & special funding
Scholarships based on financial eligibility are available for individuals residing in Clare, Isabella and Gratiot Counties. Call (989) 779-5560 for more information.
ADP is a non-profit program made possible by the residents of Isabella County, cooperative agencies, and the generous donations from friends and families of past and present participants. Our cooperative agencies include:
or call 989-779-5560
Adult Day Program Goals
- Maintain the highest quality of life for participants in a safe, home-like environment
- Offer desirable respite for participants and their caregivers
- Provide families support and education on the effects of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias
- Educate and aid families in interaction with loved ones at home
- Offer caregivers assistance with activities of daily living
- Provide an affordable alternative to the rising costs of long-term care
- Improve or maintain cognitive and physical functioning while maintaining dignity and respect
- Improve or maintain social skills through specially designed activities
- Maintain or re-establish a sense of accomplishment and self-worth
- Promote daily success
Adult Day Program Services
- Socialization & Recreation
- Nutritious meals & Snacks
(Through the Commission On Aging “Food with Friends” Program)
*special diets available
- Therapeutic activities
- Health monitoring
- Humor therapy
- Seasonal activities & outings*
- Intergenerational programs
- Sensory stimulation
- Cooking & baking
- Hair care*
- Nail care
- Arts & crafts
*Additional fee may be required.